BirdDogBot 2.00 has just been released and we have some awesome new features for our members!
In this update, we’ve added a couple bonus enhancement features to help you manage your search projects. I’ll also do a quick summary recap of all the new features that have been added to BirdDogBot 2.0.
Check out this video demonstration on how to use these enhancements and find out about the other 2.0 features we’ve added as well:
Post a comment below and let us know what you think!
In this video, I’m going to show you a couple features we added as we’ve finally released BirdDogBot 2.0 to our user base. I’ll also give you a quick summary recap of ALL the major BirdDogBot 2.0 features in case you’ve missed anything along the way.
For this release, we’ve added a couple usability enhancements around our search projects. Although I said we were done adding features for 2.0, I suppose you could say I told a little white lie from my last video. So I hope you’ll forgive me for that… but I just couldn’t resist the urge!
So let’s jump in and take a quick look at these 2 new features first.
First, we’ll log into our account and go over to our list of searches.
If you’re a BirdDogBot Pro member, you have the ability to create multiple searches. Now based on the feedback we got from our users, some of you like to create multiple searches and just change one little setting, like the zip code for example. and it was a bit of a pain to have to change them all manually. So here’s how easy we’ve made this is for you now…
First, find the search you want to duplicate. Then, click the “copy” button. As you’ll see, the new search has been created. So what we can do now is, just edit this search by clicking on the pencil icon, changing the zip code, and click save. So now when we look in our list of searches, you’ll see the new search has been updated there.
So that should make duplicating searches super-fast and simple for you.
The other little enhancement we added was the ability to apply your default settings to all your existing searches.
So let’s go into our Settings, and choose “Search & Analysis” settings.
On both the “Analysis” tab and the “Research” tab, we have added this “Apply to Exisitng Searches” toggle. If you set this to “Yes”, then ALL your existing search projects will be updated with these new settings. So, if you’ve created a bunch of search projects and you realized, “oh damn, I wish I had set my profit goal differently”, you no longer have to go into each search manually to adjust it. Now, you can simply set the “Apply To Existing Searches” toggle to “Yes”, click “Save”, and all your search projects will be updated.
If you leave the “Apply To Existing Searches” toggle set to “No”, then only searches created from this point forward will use these settings, just like it worked before.
A couple other things to keep in mind…
First, each of these tabs only affects the settings presented on the tab that’s shown. So, in this case, we’re looking at our “Analysis” tab. When you click “Save Analysis Settings”, it will only update your Analysis Settings. Likewise, if you’re on the “Research” tab, when you click “Save Research Settings”, it will only update your research settings.
The reason for this is so you can freely change either tab without necessarily updating BOTH “Analysis” settings and “Research” settings for all your searches at the same time. This gives you more flexibility with how you want your changes applied. So if you want to apply both “Analysis” and “Research” settings, just be sure to click both buttons.
The other thing I want to mention is on the “Research” tab, you can only apply these changes to existing searches for the sites listed under “Market Values” and “Rental Income Estimates”. The “Property Listings” sites cannot be applied to all existing searches because it may break an existing search since some sites require different mandatory values to be set. For example, you can’t search by county on realtor.com, so if we had this turned on, and you tried to apply these changes to a search that you have that searches by county and you wanted to use realtor.com, then that search would no longer function.
I’m not sure if I did a good job explaining the reason behind that but hopefully you got what I’m trying to say. If you’re confused behind the technical reason around that, don’t worry about it. All you need to know is that you can’t apply your default “Property Listings” site preferences to existing searches. Only the “Market Values” and “Rental Income Estimates” site preferences can be applied to existing searches.
So those are the 2 new features we sneaked into this release.
As you know we’ve been working on BirdDogBot 2.0 and BirdDogBot Pro over the last few months and in that time we’ve added a bunch of new features.
The list is quite impressive, given how fast we did it. So let me run down just the major new features we’ve added to BirdDogBot.
Let’s start at the beginning…
- We improved the look and feel of the site which you’ll notice immediately if you watch any of our older videos.
- We’re now 100% responsive, meaning all our pages look great whether you’re using a monitor, tablet, or even your smartphone.
- Implemented “auto updates” so that updating the software is quicker and easier now that it was before.
- We’ve given you the ability to schedule BirdDogBot to run automatically on a schedule you define. Once it’s set up, you don’t even have to tell it to start. It just does it automatically.
- Shows your usage statistics.
- Ability to estimate your time and cost savings to measure your ROI on BirdDogBot so you know you’re getting value out of your subscription.
- Added the ability to create and save multiple search projects so that you only have to enter your search criteria once, and have all those searches run at the same time with just one click. This feature alone has multiplied the productivity power of BirdDogBot by 10-fold.
- You can even turn searches “ON” and “OFF” in the event that you only want to run certain searches at a given time.
- Popup help tips for every field so you always know what everything means.
- Added the ability to search by county.
- Added the ability to create “default” settings so that when you can create searches much quicker since your values will be pre-filled on the form.
- Added an email summary notification feature where you’ll get an email sent with a summary of the search results. This is particularly sweet when you have BirdDogBot running as a scheduled task in the background.
My Deals table
- Added ability to sort, filter, and page through your list of deals.
- We colour coded the rows in the My Deals table to give you an indication of the status of that deal. So whether it’s NEW, UPDATED, VIEWED, PENDING_ANALYSIS, or NO_DEAL, you can tell right away by just looking at the table.
- You can edit any deal in your back-office now, by either clicking on the pencil icon in your “My Deals” list, or by viewing the details page of the deal and updating the information there.
Add Your Own Deals
- Ability to add your own deals so that your aren’t only limited to the deals found by BirdDogBot. You can do this by either using the “Add Deal” feature, or the “Import Deals” feature.
- Added a “preview link” so you can see how your deals look to a visitor, what information is shown, and what’s hidden.
- Ability to share your deals to social media.
- Ability to embed deals on your own site.
- Show and hide certain information when sharing deals.
- Added the ability to hide the BirdDogBot branding.
- Added the ability to show your information in the place of the realtor’s info.
- And of course, you can even create a buyers list using lead capture forms instead of displaying any contact info at all.
- We added a page where you can view the buyers who have expressed interest in your properties.
- Customize your timezone so time-stamped entries are in your local time.
- Ability to manage your email notifications, so you can instantly subscribe to our “Members Bonus” list, “Members Training” list, or even the “Software Updates” list. If you haven’t already, I suggest you enable these if you haven’t already so that you get your free members bonuses (which you can find up in the new “Bonuses” menu as well). Our “software updates” list keeps you up-to-date with what we’re adding to your software, plus you can get your members video training series on the “Members Training” list.
There’s actually a lot of other little feature and usability tweaks we added as well, but I don’t want to take up too much of your time. But again, that’s a recap of the major feature additions.
So there it is. BirdDogBot 2.0 in all its glory. This has been released out to our users right now so I hope you enjoy all these features, although I’m pretty sure you will, afterall, you asked for them and we only add what our users ask for.
So a big THANK YOU goes out to all our subscribers. This successful release would not have been possible without all your feedback! So thank you very kindly!
Moving forward, so long as you keep asking, we’ll always be adding more features to BirdDogBot! So keep sending us your feedback and thanks again for helping us help you become more productive and more profitable real estate investors!